Saturday, September 02, 2006

Pictures at last!

OK, finally got it sorted out, sorry. Only 5 so far as I stopped taking them as I didn't think I could fix it remotely.

I was so god damn bored on the train on the way to Penzance that I took a picture of this train nerd i.e. I took a picture of him taking a picture of our train.


















The obligatory signpost shot. 874 miles by the shortest route, ours is around 1000 miles. Cracking route so far, they organisers have done brilliantly, very little traffic and fantastic scenery
















A rather sobering reminder that this thing that we call a sport is not without its risks



















John (on left, aged 65) and John (on right aged 58) after a day out in the rain. They are not best pleased with what the weather threw at them today.











Picture doesn't really do it justice - I was trying to capture the horizontal rain we had today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erich Schlaikjer said...

As for dying on the ride, I googled around and was surprised to learn that neither helmets nor cycle paths are unambiguously safer, and that the UK has a lower rate of cycling deaths per km than France (perhaps it would look different if normalised by time?).
Check out these intersections...

11:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pix Chris - you should get one of your fellow pedallers (sp?) to take a snap of you too. Perhaps you are looking much leaner and meaner now? Or maybe, with all the beer you're gulping, it's just meaner? In any case, today I have to dress up as an alien and have wet sponges thrown at me (Tom's party, you see). That should cheer you up.

1:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home